A Mother's Day treat…….
Took the Fam to this drive-in movie theater (one of the last in NC and only an hour from Raleigh).
The website is great and can tell you everything you need to know but I can add a few details.
- Bathrooms are located inside the concessions shack, be prepared for long lines at intermission between the double features.
- Concessions are really reasonably priced, much more so than your average cineplex. It's also the main way Raleigh Road recoups operating costs so keep eating to keep em open.
- You can tell who the regulars are by the way they back their SUVs into the parking spots and pop open their lift gates for recumbent seating. But if you need patio chairs the theater provides them for borrowing.
- If you're staying for the 2nd feature, enjoy the games at intermission - What's In Your Car, etc. for prizes.
- You can use your car's radio for movie sound (key turned to accessory position) or, if you're like me and fear draining the battery regardless of the theater's assurances and their charge box and jumper cables, you can bring a battery operated radio which worked great. The theater also has radios for rent.
|Playground to the left of the screen - open until movie starts or dusk|
If you've become accustomed to the thundering surround sound of an indoor theater, this is a different experience but there's nothing like catching a movie under the stars.