I know how hard it is to get young kids out of the house to go somewhere - even quick outings require you to pack enough snacks, diapers, and toys to make you think you’ll be gone for a week. And who wants to wrestle kids in and out of carseats just to find out that your destination isn’t kid-friendly? That’s why I’ve decided to visit Triangle area sites to see if they’re worth your trip. I won’t use a rating system but I’ll try to describe what you’ll see well enough for you to decide if your kids would find it interesting. I’ll also give you the heads up on bathrooms, stroller accessibility and any other SNAFUs I encounter.

4/06/2014

NC Botanical Garden - Chapel Hill









Website

My wife and I visited the Garden a couple of years ago without the kids. I can't say I've ever been during 'peak season' when everything is in bloom.

I thought all 3 of my kids would enjoy this quick trip at the end of Spring Break. It doesn't take long to explore all of the Garden. If you're looking to spend a whole day among plants you should check out Sarah Duke Gardens.

Like Duke Gardens, NC Botanical has an Education Center with a library where you can peruse books (including some offerings for children). There's also a gift shop and a small kids' area with
coloring sheets and crayons.

To make it more enjoyable for the kids I planned an informal scavenger hunt with only one item to find - the cabin.

But there's plenty of other little things you can challenge your kids to find throughout the Garden.

Chess set
By the end of our visit my toddler was going commando. I forgot to bring an extra diaper and I thought he had had a BM because I found a turd smear on my arm after giving him a piggy back ride. Turns out the turd didn't belong to him but he somehow got it on the seat of his pants after sitting somewhere.




Can You Find?













No comments:

Post a Comment