I know how hard it is to get young kids out of the house to go somewhere - even quick outings require you to pack enough snacks, diapers, and toys to make you think you’ll be gone for a week. And who wants to wrestle kids in and out of carseats just to find out that your destination isn’t kid-friendly? That’s why I’ve decided to visit Triangle area sites to see if they’re worth your trip. I won’t use a rating system but I’ll try to describe what you’ll see well enough for you to decide if your kids would find it interesting. I’ll also give you the heads up on bathrooms, stroller accessibility and any other SNAFUs I encounter.

3/04/2011

Bunnies, Chicks, and Ducks Oh My at Tractor Supply - Knightdale

    

      As a quick treat for your young ones, take them over to the Tractor Supply Company store in Knightdale where they have chicks, ducklings, and bunnies. I would imagine since this is a chain store that they would also have these animals at their other locations as well.

      At the Knightdale store, the baby animals are kept in the vestibule at the front of the store between the inner and outer doors. The babies are kept in large metal tubs and you can't help but hear the chicks when you enter the store. My toddler and I (my preschooler was at preschool) watched one woman buy the last of the chicks while we were there - you have to buy chicks in quantities of 6 and there were two leftover but the clerk told me that the two left weren't very healthy. The clerk said they will probably get more chicks in, but they are dependent on the postal service to bring them.There were only three white rabbits there and several ducklings.

      I don't know how much longer the animals will be in stock at the store, but it's worth a stop. I mean, how often do your kids get to see baby ducks and chicks?

No comments:

Post a Comment